Happy Birthday Dad

Yesterday was Dad's birthday and a very very special day for me; good or bad i really can't specify. His 49th birthday (so he says) started with me being awake at 12 at night and even till 3 am but forgetting completely of his birthday (so what's new??). The bad thing was that he was up with me all that time; he was watching tv and i was sitting on the pc. And i still forgot it was his birthday. How bad it must have felt to him. In the morning around 9 am my mom shook me awake and reminded me that it was my dad's birthday and i shamelessly told her that ''yea 'course I remember'' (my only defence is that i was still half asleep). Anyways finally around 1 pm i heaved my ass out of the bed and quickly dressed up and went downstairs. And guess who was the first person i saw...yups my dear daddy. I quickly went up to him hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek (more like on his beard) and wished him a very warm happy birthday. When i think of that moment it really brings a smile on my face and a warmth in my tummy and i feel really really happy (dunno y but happy it felt and happy i was).
Later we went down to see off my Phupo to her car and as there were no plans for his big day (considering the fact that the party planner was sleeping till 1 in the afternoon: read me) i started badgering him to take me to CTC so i could get his birthday cake (ironic ain't it). All the way back home, i took hold of his arm and kept tugging at his sleeve while i alternatively beseeched him and regaled him with threats and emotional blackmailing (the ace threat that i had up my sleeve was that i would set loose my younger sister on him =p). All of a sudden, my dad took hold of my tugging hand and took it off his arm. For a minute there I thought that he was just going to drop my hand but surprisingly he held my little hand in his big one and kept hold of it all the way up teasing me. For me that single moment proved to be sweeter than a thousand cakes and even when I kept on bugging you, I felt tears of happiness gather in my eyes.
Dad, you didn't take me to get your birthday cake but i want to tell you that I love you for holding my hand and letting me feel how much you love me. I love you baba and I just wanna say thank you for everything even for not going to get the cake. Happy Birthday Baba and may you have soo many more Inshallah.
My Phupo got a cake for him in the evening from Kitchen Cuisine; so you see I had my cake and I ate it too =p

2 comments:

aw thats so sweet.
so many more kay saath inshAllah bhi likh larki.

March 3, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

han han laga dia hai....waisya i have no idea y i published this post its very senty and duznt go with my dark and sad blog at all :D

March 3, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home