After the resounding success of my last post (ahem ahem) i had thought of taking a little break from blogging atleast till my mids were over. But i guess Fate doesn't agree with my decision and thus I was provided with two blasting incidents in my very boring life. Both of them although would be life-changing for any normal person but failed to do anything for me other than putting me out of action for a couple of days.
The first of these was a bomb blast experience on Tuesday March 4th, in the car park of Naval War College which unfortunately happens to be located in the nearby vicinity of our college. This means that not only were we treated to an awesome display of panic and histronics by the girls of Kinnaird but we also heard the resulting blasts which really shook the building. At the time of the first blast our group was as usual in a computer lab on the first floor. The first blast sounded to me some what like a dull thud as if some heavy thing had fallen from the third floor or something. The first reaction among all of us came from ami, who saying it was a bomb blast, quickly got up and ran outside to see what it was. Mubi followed behind her. Although my first thought was also that it was a bomb blast but lucky for my "tactfulness" i saw the panic stricken faces of mubi and ami and kept my tongue in check. I could hear the ambulances in the background (which although is nothing unusual seeing that there are more than three hospitals in front of our college but today they sounded infinitely more). I could also hear the birds taking in flight in response to the scare of that blasting sound. Mubi and Ami came back in to announce that the dumb girls outside were saying that a door had probably banged shut. Seeing this as my only way to try and calm them down i started saying that probably some table had fallen down from a top story or something of the sort (I can still aee Hina'z and Zd's skeptical faces). I saw a glimpse of momentary relief crossing their faces but then Ami noticed the ambulances wailing and immediately started saying it was definitely a bomb blast. At that exact moment another blast resounded through the building and this time the doors and windows rattled and the tables shook with the force of it. All of us now convinced that it was very definitely a bomb blast, Ami, Zd and Hina took off with mubi and me coming from behind. While passing through the corridors, we both smelled something; mubi smelt smoke and something burning and i smelt coconut. When i said as much to mubi she gave me this look that clearly said this girl is completely gone off her rocker and which made me laugh soo much. I remember mubi holding on to my arm on top of the stairs and telling me to stop laughing and not to get hysterical.
I sobered as soon as i saw Ami's face. After that i don't really remember much except a few highlights. Everyone had gathered in the grounds. Scared faces, distressed and alarmed voices surrounded me on every side. I could smell panic in the air. One thing that i remember clearly at that tine was that not even for a second did my life flash by me or not for a millisecond did i feel anything resembling fear or panic. And that's really very strange, considering me when I panic so easily in the smallest of situations. I have been thinkin a lot about that afternoon but i cannot place my reactions in any reason or logic. We called up Geo and they confirmed that there had been two bomb blasts on the Mall Underpass which happens to be right behind our college. At that very second a third blast sounded. All five of us moved towards the front ground with everyone calling their homes up except me. Actually it was really very funny considering that my mom actually asked me whether i was coming by meyself or should she send the car (I just love my chill family, their attitude was: bomb phatta tou kya hua ;p). The rest is all a blur. The gates being closed by the admin and the resulting harsh words being crossfired between the faculty and the students. I ended up galofying the dean in front of my Majors teacher (as usual). The closed gates pissed off Zd and Hina alot understandably. Zd had her car in college and had to drive home by herself so according to her she should have been allowed to leave. Strangely enough I kept on defending the colleges decision to keep the gates closed and I tried to make Zd understand the point. Hina on the other hand kept shuttling between the both of us. One minute she was with me and telling Zd that it's better for us to remain inside and the next minute she would be agreeing with Zd. I almost persuaded Zd and Hina if it wouldn't have been for one of the faculty members telling the girls that as soon as the Dean cooled down the gates would open. That really really pissed me off. Here i was thinking that the college had closed its gates thinking about our safety but it turned out to be that the gates had actually been closed because the dean was pissed off at the girls who had called up their parents to let them know they were fine and to ask them to pick them up. My reaction to this was coloring the dean up with me explicit vocabulary.

Khair, the gates were opened and soon the college cleared. All five of us gave each other strict instructions to call each other as soon as we all get safely home. I went home by rickshaw which kept on scaring the shit out of both mubi and ami(I still don't undertand why). But thank God we all got home safe and sound and Ami was the only one who didn't msg :@.
Anyways I got home and switched on the tv and viewed the destruction for myself. The havoc and annihilation that these suicide bombers caused in the name of Islam. No religion in this world ever has violence or murders embedded in its faith except for one religion: the religion of power. Power to destroy the lives of so many innocent people. Power to diminish the importance of even one life to so many deaths. For all the supporters of these Talibans and these suicide bombers I have just one thing to ask. What are you fighting for? What are you killing so many people for? What will you do when there is no one left to follow the religion you are so hell bent on imposing. Embracing a religion is not just saying the words that make youa follower or doing the rituals and stuff. It's more about believing and having faith with all your heart. Scaring people and forcing them to convert to any religion doesn't make them follow the religion, it makes them hate it. Killing so many innocent people doesn't make you any different from what those Americans are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan. Every life is special. And why try to hurt people when you can teach them so much with love.

8 comments:

how very detailed.
lol did u have to include the stair case wala part?

its kinda ironic how easily we have been able to jot down our horrifying experience into words. i thuoght i never wud be able to

March 6, 2008 at 4:07 AM  

lol i wudnt call it horrifying waisay...

March 6, 2008 at 5:19 AM  

Lolz....Why do you constatly write about bomb blasts :P
U'll make everyone scared to get out of their houses, whereas it is the exact opposite for you :P

March 19, 2008 at 4:57 AM  

lol...im taking a break from writing my morose thoughts...;p
plus its better everyone stays home coz im starting driving again :D:D:D:D

March 21, 2008 at 3:41 AM  

I feel sorry for your car :p

March 21, 2008 at 5:53 AM  

dun wry i'll make u feel sorry for ur car as well if u eva meet me on the roads :D:D:D

March 21, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

We'll see bout that

March 21, 2008 at 6:10 AM  

wanna race =P

March 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home