i kind of miss yesterday...i don't really understand why...after all the things that i wrote about yesterday i should be glad its over....but surprisingly i missed it like anything...maybe because today i didn't have a single piece of work to do!!! God! i just wanted to run out of the place screaming i was soo bored... i have been bored a lot before but today beat the hell out of all the other ennui filled days...seriously, i don't think i have many words to describe how it was...it was boredom, boredom, BOREDOM big time...the only thing i was supposed to do was listen to the mindless chatter of my collegues who, not surprisingly, have the intellect of a dim-witted bird...so i think i can safely categorise them as having birdbrains...sometimes it makes me wonder as to how exactly did they get into this company...going back to the chatter, it really isn't difficult for me to compare them to birds as their continuous prattle sounded as irritating squawking of birds...not chirping because that kind of feels nice to one's ears...but useless, rubbish gossip and complaining...Thank God i have perfected my brilliant ability to tune out such senseless babble which was acquired at my family gatherings when all my silly cousins got together to "talk" senselessly about their so "happening" lives... but that is another story and not to be discussed in this post...but even still, as i discovered to my greatest consternation, my ability still lacked the level required to tune these people out for more than two hours at a stretch...I really really am desperate to hire the services of a tutor who could help me right now...anyone interested do contact me...finally God's benevolence was showered on me and i was given work...ohhhh it was bliss...by the way i got this work from another department because my extent of boredom had surpassed all bounds forcing me to go around the office begging for work....so u see i haven't been black mouthing my department for anything...and this will just show you how much was i on a loose end that i had to go begging for work from other departments...the work i got wasn't very intellectual or anything...i just had to feed some documents into the computer...but it was still work...and it did require my undivided attention as i had to correct the hopeless grammar of the texts...and it did save me from the mindless and unbearable chatter of my senseless colleagues...so no matter i had to stay overtime to complete the work and no matter the ache in my neck as i worked on the computer at a stretch for five hours and the headache that made me take notice of itself as soon as i shut down the computer...i am thankful to the angel who saved me today though i doubt she had such unselfish motives as i am bestowing her with but undoubtedly she saved me...and she has my undying gratitude for today...i am starting to question my beliefs that i will be able to learn something about the company while i am working in this comapny in any position...but i sure have learnt the extents of my patience and other such "appraisable attributes"...if i am lucky enough i will learn more as this is supposed to be a learning experience but not the hard way as i had to do today...let's hope for the best...sigh

This post was also written during my internship stint on 10th July, 2007.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home