My Second Day in...

It's funny how the human mind works. Last evening, I got home, completely convinced that I'm gonna work it out this week only and then leave this stupid hell-hole I've landed myself into. I even slept on these thoughts at 6 a.m. But just a few hours later I woke up in such an optimistic frame of mind that while brushing my teeth I actually considered staying for the whole length of the four week time period and completing this internship. This mood lasted only till I entered my "cabin" (for want of a better word) and saw my poor computer in a yet more mangled condition, with all the wires ripped out of their sockets and the floor a literal wire mesh. I carefully picked my way across like a graceful ballet dancer propelling forward on my toes and stumbling a "few" times in the process (I'm out of practice you see). I placed my huge bag and the measly couple of magazines on the table top and proceeded to glare at the sarak-chap and the button-hole, until they finally decided they had had enough of playing around with the wires and putting their fingers in the power-sockets and the realization dawned on them that they were no electrical engineers and no IT guys just plain old graphic designers (honestly it was really funny, i could almost see the bulbs light up above their heads). After putting my computer back to its mangled position, they sweetly asked me if I would allow them to check their mail. I've never wanted to refuse anyone so badly as I did today but considering that I had to last a week, I took the diplomatic way out: I just turned around and walked out. From the infamous "glass window" I saw them checking something alright: "their orkut" friend's lists!! After like half an hour they were finally done and almost respectfully (and no I'm not being sarcastic...this time) offered me my computer back (as if I would refuse such an offering).
You know one thing I've noticed that all four of them look at me very respectfully! Seriously! And I've figured out the reason as well. Its because i) I've nothing to do with their graphic designing and they've nothing to do with the magazine so they can't show me down or treat me like an internee (:D :D) and ii) I'm the only magazine personnel in this office apart from the boss (and no they don't have another office for the magazine people...they just don't have any magazine people...Period!).
Apart from that I learned a new piece of information about the Gay Lord which he let out quite nonchalantly a few times (make that around ten) since morning. His Highness used to be in theater and knows quite a few people (apparently) whose names he's been flinging around since morning, left, right and centre (and guess what...he knows Omair Rana...OMG!!! *roll eyes* like thats something new!!). *sigh* The modesty of some people.
Ohk i think that's enough cattiness coming from me this morning and I'm really out of anecdotes to narrate apart from the occasional whine coming from the otherside of the glass window: "yaar sardi lag rahi hai!" Honestly how you can feel cold when the lights are out and the split is not working is simply beyond me!! I'm literally melting here!
Boss man is still not here and I've to await his further orders before i start with my first assignment even! Man, I'm never gonna underestimate the alluring power of exaggeration and the art of impressing someone ever again!!

2 comments:

as always i wud put my fav letters here
l.o.l

rest later ;)
in a hurry, this word verifi takes a lot of time :@

July 1, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

Sigh. Atleast you get a computer. I'm tired of blogging from my cell phone..but the good part is, i can do it whenever i want...(sigh i'm too optimistic.)
i hate this word verification, my cell browser has to load extra images, which costs me donuts. Its "nyytzqyb" btw

July 1, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home