Hit and Run

This post is dedicated to Aima who gave me a hint of being slightly interested in my blog and Bunny who shares my bane of hating misery-causing motorcycles while driving.

Yes, I've finally started driving again!! weeeeeee!! *hopping around on my chair*

After a deep, intense contemplation of a few months (read: an entire year) about me hitting the roads (quite literally), the driving fever finally struck me and my driver's worst nightmare came true! And to my poor drivers horror, i assigned him to the back seat (literally again) and took the wheel (and again). After an uneventfully stable first-half, I smoothly regained my ability to keep my fellow passengers clutching the edges of the seats with a transformation to a scary and heart-in-the-mouth maniacal driving. (Hey, I'm a really good driver, I just plopped in a few "hitch-stunts" for my dear sis's sake! Oh wow! my nose didn't grow =P)

Anywho, not only have i brushed up on my driving skills, i have also touched up on my hatred of motorbikes on the road, swerving across the road as you please. Seriously if I hadn't been attending my anger-management classes, a lot of the roads would have been free of these annoying idiots! I had a pathetic excuse for a bike swaying across my path like an irritating fly buzzing around your face when you're sleeping....pesky i tell you! Did i want to squash that pest or what! Swat him from behind and then squelch the pulpy bugger under my tyres!!
But more than those bikes, i hate those blue scooters. And i had my share of those too today. It's most likely being driven by an uncle who prefers to drive right in the middle of the road in front of your car and has an uncanny ability to anticipate and counter any sudden moves on your part to overtake him. So, you get to drive like a timid little puppy on a leash and trust me its not a happy feeling even if you pretend to be a cute little black lab.

10 comments:

Actually i wont agree. Okay fine sometimes bike riders do become nagging but the thing is that i've been a passenger of both the vehicles, cars and bikes and its not easy. The problem i feel here is that once people sense you're not a confident driver, they try to weigh you down and you'll be irked. Does that mean you still aren't confident? Well maybe. Brush up the driving skills more and you'd feel your hatred for there poor people going down. :)

February 2, 2009 at 5:58 AM  

LOL @ your nose didnt grow long but it might ahem.. acha...where did u drive? from college to home? :p
omG its seems like u are on a hunting spree of bikers rather than driving!!!

word veri: prepoot :p

February 2, 2009 at 5:58 AM  

oo same timing for commenting mha :p

February 2, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

@ m.h.a
meano :@

@mubi...nops drove to main market and back...felt good and i had the radio on and they put on bubbly :D

February 2, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Lol...Hmmm I'd rather disagree with Hassaan..Whats the first instantaneous thought that comes to your mind when you see a bike rider switching lanes like there is no stopping him?
Yeah... "Cheeky Bastard"
The Thing is that firstly they can go in a straight line, they keep on moving all over the place that makes your rather frustrated because you cannot overtake them. I think its me....other drivers don't tend to give a shit and drive past them narrowly missing them on most occasions! The thing is that if you clip them a little all they do is fall down, which they rightfully deserve... and then blame the car driver..."Haye anni da putar, akhaan band ker ke chalanda paya see, mai bechara ghareeb aadmi" bla bla and all the sympathy goes to him. Their own fault cause their own death but the poor car driver gets punished.
There is another problem too. Even if you decide to proceed with extreme caution and not overtake them, other cyclists will overtake you!!! the problem with that is that you wont be able to see them coming!!! yeah they tend to disappear in your side mirrors and as soon as you try to turn left they seem to appear from no where and bang into you even when you have your indicator lamps on. You pray that he ain't dead and forget about the graffiti on your door. Gadhay ghoron ke saath they should be banned as well. Lanes to inkay liye bane he nahi hai na...What happens when you park on a traffic signal? yeah idiot bikers break your side mirrors trying to leap ahead of the pack!
I personally don't give a damn anymore martay hain to marain..but im cautious on 2 occasion.
1st.
When im driving my moms car, cuz that has a bad history with motorcyclists and its uncanny ability to be scratched. not to mention the poor left door which a motorcyclist hit at 90 degrees cuz he couldnt stop
2nd.
When there is a toddler on the bike, cuz that is really dangerous.. I dont want to end a life before it begins
The best you can do is bang your fists or head for that matter on your trusty horn and keep as far away as possible from them!!!

February 2, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Still i maintain my stance. Half the time i'm on a bike so i have to be on both sides.

And mubi is that time GMT or wat? Its not our time atleast. Nevertheless, yes, touchwood!

February 2, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

wow look at umer's comment..thora aur likhtay and you have written more than rukh's post :D :D

but i do agree with rukh and umer on the bikers on the road...but yeh dono itnay tappay hoay lag rahay hain :(

and ya mha, its GMT..:p

February 2, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

what this post have to do with me? I thought there'd be a long paragraph about how i changed your life and made you see the error of your ways after the long talk we had :P

February 3, 2009 at 4:43 AM  

lol a joe...ur a life saver!! u saved the life of my blog :P

lol and dun worry im working on the secrets disclosed :D in fact id bet u'll be hearing a lot more soon hopefully :D

February 3, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home