Accursed Night

Another night to wade through
Another darkness to conquer
Another memory to forget
Another weakness to subdue
A mocking moon above me
A cold barrenness below
A mind in between
Condemned to suffer
A crumpled body shudders
With tears unshed
When wishes come rushing back
To cuddle me close
Of a past that was
And a future that could be
Another night, long forgotten
Beckons me at last
To a time spent in your arms
And another of whispered love
Of soft kisses and heartfelt vows
And i curse myself for yearning
To feel your warmth again
To hear your voice again
To believe your love again
So I snatch back my open arms
And curl into an unforgiving ball
Accepting once more
That this night too will pass alone

5 comments:

Oh now i know wats happening...now i know...itna sad to na ho...time will heal surely inshaAllah

February 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

lol nops ur wrong...this is an old one :P

February 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

i liked the first half of the poem

of a past that was
and a future that could be
another night, long forgotten
beckons me at last.

February 12, 2009 at 4:53 AM  

intense & equally painful!
loved reading it.

February 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

thank u :D

February 28, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home