Eid Galore

First of all, Eid Mubarik to all my readers and wishing u all a very very very happy and joyful Eid with your loved ones.
Omg! I still can't believe its gonna be eid tomorrow! I'm soo excited!! Admittedly this was not my first reaction when I got the news that tmr was eid at 11 p.m! It was to my flaming, shaming embarrassment, a loud heartfelt thrice repeated "Shit" (make it SHIT)! I didn't want it to be Eid tomorrow! I wanted it to be on thursday. But as i can't do anything about the senile minds of three wise men in our Rout-e-Hilal committee, who apparently have the vision to see the moon when its not there and not see it when it actually is, so i just have to be happy with what I've got and thats Eid tomorrow. Actually the shock's wearing off now and I'm kinda getting the warm, happy, fluttery, buttery feeling in my tummy that I've always associated with Eid! It's building up even as I'm writing this!
Omg! It's Eid tmr!!! I finally get to wear my new clothes and matching bangles and hot stilletos and awesome pazebs and strut around the house dressed like a model, basking in the admiration in the eyes of my admirers (read parents and grandparents). I am soo not gonna be able to sleep a wink tonight!!:D Yay! its EID!!
Btw I'm still not thrugh with my complaining but that's gonna come later on soooo...
When I actually visualized this post in my mind I was gonna right all about the ronaq of Eid and Chandraat in Lahore but coz of the high alert in our family (my dad thinks that I'm on all the terrorist organizations hitlist *rolls eyes*) so we can't go on our regular jaunt with cousins to Liberty and other places on chand raat. :( As it goes I couldn't even enjoy Chand Raat in my own market which is not too far from liberty in the ronaq stakes. And here I am writing a post on Chand raat rather than being out enjoying it and all because of those dumb nitwits who can see the moon on their whim!
Anyhow, I just love chand raat! I love to window shop on Chand raat! I love to look at all those colourful and varied designs of chooriyan and jewellery even though i don't get the urge to buy them but i can just go on looking at them for hours simply! They just enchant me with their clinking musical sounds and their flashing colours and beautiful designs. These pics are the ones i took a few days back when in Liberty shopping.
In case you are wondering, these are my mehndi lagewe hands...and yes I'm typing out this post with the dry mehndi still clinging to my hands! Thanks to our ever alert maulvis I had to rush out to get my mehndi done at 12 at night. Still thats all the fun of chand raat; waking mom from a deep deep sleep, getting scolded for not doing it earlier (though how im supposed to know the the mindless decisions these leaders take beforehand escapes me) and so on and so forth. Anyways I love mehndi when its still clinging to my hands rather than the color it leaves even when its pretty dark! and i can just go on sniffing mehndi forever! it has a heavenly smell!
On a more serious note, while coming back home I just saw a little urchin maybe 8 or 9 years old, sleeping while sitting against a pillar, his arms and legs thrust out awkwardly and ragged clothing covering his thin physique. His head was actually unsupported and lolling around in the air! he made such a pathetic sight, i still can't stop my eyes from watering when i picture him. I felt really sorry for him and helpless too knowing i could do nothing for him and grateful to God for a family and a home where I know I am loved and wanted despite anything! I read somewhere that home is a place where they have to let you in even if they don't like you and right now I feel really really grateful to my family to not only giving me a home but actually wanting me in it as well! I hated to wake him up but I wanted him to have Eidi in a little style as well. We all crib about so many silly things all the time, but we don't really understand how lucky we are. and from time to time God has to show us what we really have and try to make us thankful for all that but we seldom feel the thanks for more than a few days at the most then its back to all the whining and cribbing and complaining. My friends are witnesses to my complaints during the last week or so about my tailor ruining my clothes and my dyer ruining my duppatta and the ensuing inevitable fights i had and all my bitter complaints and feeling sorry for myself and all. So this sign was long due from God to tell me what exactly i was doing. It took me a sight of a pathetic little boy who should be happy about Eidand should take Eidi as his due but instead had tears in his eyes when I gave him some. It made me realize just how selfish i really am and how self-obsessed i have become. I hope that this Eid a little of our Eidi will help give someone a smile...

4 comments:

ہماری روئت حلال کمیٹی جب تک رنگ میں بھنگ نا ڈال دے جب تک عید کا اعلان نہیں کرتی۔ میرے پاس آنے والے ایس ایم ایس کے مطابق مفتی منیب الرحمٰن صاحب کی بیگم کا سوٹ جب تک سل کرنہیں آیا جب تک چاند بھی نظر نہیں آیا۔ درزی کی مہربانی کہ سوٹ سی کر بھیج دیا، اسلئے چاند بھی نظر آ گیا۔

خیر
آپکو بہت بہت عید مبارک،اللہ تعالٰی ہمارے گناہوں سے درگزر فرمائے ، ہمیں شعور عطاء فرمائے اور پوری امت مسلمہ کو دائمی خوشیوں سے نوازے۔ اٰمین
--------------------------
http://www.dufferistan.com

September 30, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

well first its *hugsss* from me (2nd time now :p)
Eid mubarak!
and i totally agree with the mehndi being dry and still on ur hands look way better than when we wash it..even i took a pic of the dried henna on my hand,,lol.
loved ur henna design...as for my own..well i am going to experiment with my creative designs all by myself on my other hand :D :D :D
as for the choriyan :D i love em, proof i wear them :p lol, i didnt go choriyan shopping this year though but i got a pretty multicoloured set from my khala,,which is great :D
and about the unfortunate ones...lets just not forget them in our eid celebrations like we do :$

loved your post..but i think there was way too much complaining about the mulvis..ab ho gai na eid.bus! :p

October 1, 2008 at 12:13 AM  

btw why is this post before ur old post? :S

October 1, 2008 at 2:48 AM  

@mahru
always complaining. Mje to ye samaj nae ati k eid jaldi ho tab rotay hain log, dair se hoti hai to rotay hain. Kya hai bhui? I liked the surprise part, we rejoiced for such a long time after hearing the news. Comeon how many other things that we do are well planned? Thats the best thing about us pakistanis, even if we have to be happy on such a short notice, we waste no time.
So girl get in the eid spirit.
Which you already are as far as i can judge from your voice.

I am not too fond of the smell of henna. Matlb its okay, normally i dont mind but if its too aromatic to ajeeb si lagti hai. I dont exactly dislike it but you know.

And chooriyaan, all girls should wear them at all times. Atleast some choorian or anything. It so differentiates girls' forearms to guys' and they look delicate and pretty.

And yar the unfortunate ones will be worse off this year. You know coz of all the inflation and all thats been going on. But we can all help as many people as we can reach out to. We're not lucky enough to be able to totally revamp their lives, but what we can do is, we can share a little happiness. And give them hope and if we do that i'm sure that brings a big difference in their lives. Thats the eid spirit. Trying to make people happy and in the process you double triple quadruple multiply your own happiness.
EID MUBARAK

and *right hug* *left hug* *right hug*

October 1, 2008 at 2:56 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home