The Playlist

I've added a music player to my blog and a few songs for the time being which i hope u will enjoy till i upload another playlist...

The first song "Mausam hai aashiqana" is from the film Pakeezah, picturised on Meena Kumari and is sung by the great Lata ji. An all-time favourite of my mom, this song reminds me of travelling on the GT road on our way to Abbotabad while mom sung this song to us. It always made me feel as if I was part of the film. I used to watch the fields passing us by and imagine myself singing and dancing among them in true filmi style. :D

The second song "Mera Kuch Samaan" from the film Ijaazat, vocalised by Asha Bhosle with lyrics by Gulzar and Music by R D Burman is a true heart-wrenching song. A favourite of my cousin, it brings back memories of my Alevels when early in the morning, she used to play this song. Every morning started with this song followed by Atif Aslam's crooning. A beautiful song i enjoyed from the depths of my soul especially on a rainy morning, driving along the main boulevard to Sicas.

The third song "Lag Ja Gale" is a rendition by Lata Ji again from the movie Woh Kaun Thi with music by Madan Mohan. Intended to be a parting song, but to me it always appealed as a very romantic number rather than a sad one. I remember trying to picturise the song in my mind during the late nights i stayed up thinking about nothing in particular. A beautiful number which seduces the listener with its hope-filled lyrics.

The fourth song "Naam Gum Jayega" from the movie Kinara sung by Lata Ji and Bhupendra, with Gulzar on the lyrics and R D Burman on the music. I heard this song the first time on television a couple of years back and i remember thinking about losing my own identity. Its a soul searching number which scratches away all the superficial dirt one has on them and exposes us to our very being.

The fifth song "Choti si kahani" is again from the movie Ijazat and sung by Asha Bhosle with music by R D Burman. A very upbeat song which really captures your imagination with pictures of a valley covered in trees and drenched with rain, while you sit under a wooden shed with water dripping all around you and the raindrops entertaining you with their own music. Oh and not to forget a plate of hot pakoras and garma garam chai.

The last song "Ek larki bheegi bhaagi si" is one of Kishore Kumars very famous numbers from the film Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi and is picturised on Madhubala and Kishore Kumar himself, with music by S D Burman. This song is responsible for my craze of a white sari and driving on wet rainy nights. I first heard this song when i got hold of my Dad's collection of cassetes and listening to this song all the time!!

5 comments:

ewww you just ruined the first song for me!! girl you cant dance to that song in the fields i mean at least not you :P

June 28, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

lag ja gale is absolutely great. its a sad romantic number :p

June 28, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

chalti ka naam gari, i remembe watching this movie but the first time i heard this song was its remix version with a new video and all which was nothing to what the original is

June 28, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

ohh 'naam gum jaye ga',,i listened this one long time bk.. gotta listen the whole thing..end of my deliberate comment series

June 28, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

lol
i think i shud be just thankful for the number of posts and not wats written in them ;p
ur two posts short:D:D

June 29, 2008 at 4:22 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home