My First Day in...

My first day at the internship can be summed up in one word: DISASTER! a complete utterly profound disaster that has its roots in boredom. And believe me when i say this because I'm risking my limbs posting this to you. Yes, I'm sitting on a revolving chair whose one wheel has revolved into the timelessness of space that is complete nothingness. In simpler words I'm sitting on a broken chair which leans drunkenly if I move even slightly, endangering my svelte limbs, on the only computer which offers the incredible luxury of internet in the entire room, probably one of the few in the entire office! Yes, I've already discovered that I've stepped into some time-warped space, where the present and the past have been horrendously mixed and with not a very good result. And before you stop pitying me, let me tell you that I made this shocking piece of discovery after going round half the office asking for a computer which has an access to internet.
You know it's actually pretty ironic when i look around myself. I am sitting on an obsolete system which is even older than my own computer back home and a monitor thats sure to put those owl-rimmed spectacles on my adorable "little" nose. The irony comes in when i look at the other LCD screens and flat-screen monitors in the entire room, gracing every table top and all those hi-fi computer systems with every humanly conceivable software and hardware adorned alongside them. But all those updated and hi-fi systems lack just one small thing: INTERNET. Can you even imagine an advertising office being without internet. Ok Ok let's ot exagerrate, there is one small out-dated computer in a dusty old corner with the honor of having an access to the life of the current generation. So what if its just the ONE in a room filled with seven super computers and two laptops; atleast there is the one (huh!!). And atleast they have a UPS, which is the only saving grace of the place as it ensures that the computers do not turn off.
Much as i hate to do this, but moving on from the inanimate things to the animate ones, all i can say is I've never been so "entertained" on my first day at the office. Till now I've met four of the characters who have really done their bit in putting me off this place. I'll start with the girl first, giving preference to my own kind over the other one. A strait-laced, bossy, she-thinks-she knows-it-all type with a huge complex of being the youngest sibling in her family and having had to follow her elder siblings "authority". She started off early morning with giving me a lecture on how I should have gone back to my previous internship and how i should be sure about which field i want to be in and not just keep on experimenting. She then proceeded to tell me how many different people she's told the same thing to (like i really care).
Then enter the next character in this entire charade: a gay guy. He takes pleasure in relating his last night escapades which constitutes of him going to his cousin's place where she indulges him with facials and other skin "therapies". He swadles into the room wearing a skin-tight shirt and jeans and lights a cigarette. To me he addresses a few remarks, the notable one being "I didn't know KC offered Mass Communication" in such an accusatory tone that I immediately wanted to pacify his Honorary lordship with a few choicy words which would have straightened up his confused gender.
The next guy is a quiet, mousy, nerdy type, all buttoned-up and proper minus the spectacles.I don't have anything much to say about him as he doesnt talk much when I'm around.
The last of the characters is the most pathetic. A typical Lahori sarak-chap, he thinks he is the deputy God around this place. Although an internee himself, so far he has been giving me those cheap looks which makes me want to slap him silly and asked me so many questions (through a glasswall) about KC which makes me think he wants to get enrolled there. *sigh* I must have alot more patience than i already give myself credit for.
Anyways thats about it till now. Oh and did i mention the men's bathroom thats right behind my chair and that its door doesnt close no matter how many times you try to shut it. And I thought it really couldn't get any worse!
Yups, there it opens again! *sigh*

5 comments:

Poor baby, let me burst your bubble, you know wat, i'm Damn sure they've internet on each of the hifi computers, its just that giving you the oldest computer in the office was their way of saying "chalo beta YES ho jao"
thats a sweet, polite way bytheway...
And adorable nose? You should've put that into quotes as well!

June 30, 2008 at 3:11 AM  

now lemme burst ur happy bubble macho kitten... i checked all those computers, all of the "hi-fi" ones and none of them had internet....even they had to use that pathetic excuse for a computer if they wanted to "check their orkut"
anyways im only working their for a week at the most and thats it!!

June 30, 2008 at 5:37 AM  

ewwwww a men's toilet? girl you better get out of that place..or you better change ur sit

and the rest for the post i can say is L.O.L

oh and ya 'adorable nose' how come i didnt read that part in the post :S lol

June 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

You know i hate you, you said MONK was good. I am watching it and its so farig. I'm wasting my time. I pray the gay guy has a crush on you! Well thats an oxymoron waisay...isn't it? Sorry a paradox i mean. Gay guy, having a crush on you.
Anyways, you never told me if the girl was good looking...you didn't tell me when you were texting and you didn't write it in your post.

June 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

MONK is gud and the girl isnt...she looks haunted...

June 30, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home